Lemon Essential Oil
Pure lemon essential oil - Available in 10 ml and 30 ml size
INCI Name: Citrus limon (Lemon) Peel Oil
Lemon Essential Oil has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Limonene is the naturally occurring chemical constituent within Lemon Essential Oil that gives it its distinct lemony aroma. It has been used as a beauty aid for millennia, cleansing and clarifying the skin and hair. It is a disinfectant, and as a gentle solvent, enhances the cleaning solutions in which it is used as well as leaves a fresh scent.
This clear, slightly greenish fragrant oil has a thin consistency and is used as a top note in perfumes. It has been cold-pressed from the peel of this thorny little evergreen which, though native to India, is now cultivated world-wide. Its addition to waters and lotions have helped to tone, cleanse, and brighten the skin, scalp and hair as well as treating acne, cuts and boils.
HOW TO USE
- Lemon Essential Oil is used in aromatherapy to lift the spirits. In a diffuser it scents the home, and brightens the general atmosphere.
- To fight flu or cold, try an inhalation of 3 drops Lemon Essential Oil and 3 drops Tea tree Essential Oil.
- It can be used in blended massage oils or diluted in the bath to assist with digestive problems, lack of energy, fatigue, infections, flu, obesity, rheumatism, depression and stress.
- Added to unscented cleaning products, it assists with breaking down grime and disinfecting surfaces, while leaving a lemony fresh scent, all without negatively impacting the environment.
- It can be used in a cream or lotion to clear congested skin. The astringent properties are great for oily skin conditions. The antiseptic effect of lemon oil on the other hand, helps to treat any cuts, boils and minor wounds. The rubefacient action of the oil further helps to sort out cellulite, as well as helping with acne.
- And because so little can greatly enhance the properties of other oils, it is very popular in scent blends for all types of cosmetic products.
Lemon blends well with: Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Tea Tree.
Safety first: This oil is non-toxic and non-sensitizing. The oil can be a mild irritant: avoid it in baths or massage if you have sensitive skin. It is phototoxic : do not apply to the skin within 12 hours before exposure to the sun. Always dilute appropriately before applying to the skin. Do not use if pregnant or if taking medication without consulting with your health-care practitioner.