Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
Pure essential oil
INCI Name: Eucalyptus globulus Leaf Oil
Known as the ‘blue gum tree’, this is the most common eucalyptus species in the world. No species of Eucalyptus has ever received as much attention from botanists due to the early discovery of its many therapeutic benefits.
Eucalyptus is an extremely versatile essential oil with powerful antibacterial, antifungal and anti-infectious properties, making it indispensable for preventing coughs and colds spreading. A concentration of only 2% Eucalyptus Essential Oil dispersed in a vaporizer has been shown to destroy 70% of the Staphylococcus bacteria in the affected room. Widely used in aromatherapy to relieve sinus and respiratory problems, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is known for its harmonizing properties and there is a history of its application to sore muscles and joints.
Steam-distilled from the wood and teal-coloured leaves of this beautiful, tall evergreen, it is familiar to most people as the flavouring and medicinal agent in cough drops, but it is also responsible for the clean, fresh scent in many bath oils and cleaning solutions. Eucalyptus Essential Oil is thin, but it has a strong top note that is woody and herbaceous.
HOW TO USE
- To lift depression, vaporize 3 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil and 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil.
- To clear cluttered thoughts, take a bath with 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil and 4 drops Frankincense Essential Oil.
- It is widely used in aromatherapy to relieve sinus and respiratory congestion via diffusers, vaporizers, and inhalers. To clear blocked nasal passages, try an inhalation with 3 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil and 3 drops Lavandin Essential Oil.
- In a water spray it can clear the air of tobacco smoke, and sprayed on fabrics, it will discourage insects and kill bacteria and mites.
- Try 6 drops in a tub of tepid water on a hot day for a refreshing bath.
- After a tough workout or gardening, 9 drops of Eucalyptus blended with 9 drops of Sweet Birch in a tablespoon (15 ml) of carrier oil or Witch Hazel makes for a soothing muscle rub.
- Eucalyptus Oil blends well with: Basil, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Citronella, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Myrtle, Frankincense, Spearmint,Tea Tree.
Safety First: Used on the skin, this oil is non – toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing, so is safe for all skin types Always dilute appropriately before applying to the skin. Do not use if pregnant or if taking medication without consulting with your health-care practitioner.