Orthopedic Physical Assessment (7th edition) by Magee
The 6th Edition of this book has been out of print since Dec. 15, 2020.
*Please note due to space, we have a relatively small inventory on books, however, we can special order for you. Prices subject to change.This could mean any book order could take from one to two weeks long. Please indicate on your order if you would like to wait for your book before we ship out the rest of your order, or if you would rather we shipped the remainder of your order, and ship your book separately.
Orthopedic Physical Assessment by Magee
The goal of this New Edition is to provide students and clinicians with a systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment and to understand the reason for the various aspects of the assessment.
Every joint of the body is covered as well as chapters on specific areas such as principles of assessment, head and face, gait, posture, emergency care and preparticipation evaluation.
- Principles of assessment: gives the student an understanding of not only what to do but why to do it.
- Helps with patient history: gives examples of questions to ask and what the responses might mean Includes detailed guidelines for observation
- Detailed notes on examination of the patient - from how to perform and modify examinations to fit specific needs, to movements, to functional tests and how to palpate different structures Includes case studies so that students can begin to develop their skills in differential diagnosis
- Looks at Head and Face injuries
- Helps with determining normal and abnormal gait and posture
- The many photographs and line drawings give a clearer understanding of methods of movements, tests and causes of pathology
- Easy to use and to revise from: important points are highlighted.
Therapist Recommends: Very complete reference for the therapeutic practice.