Outcome-Based Massage by Andrade and Clifford 3rd ed
Outcome-Based Massage by Andrade and Clifford
Outcome-Based Massage is the first text to introduce soft tissue massage techniques with functional outcomes in mind. By establishing a critical thinking process for incorporating massage into therapeutic practice, students and clinicians from a variety of health care professions can benefit from this valuable guide.
This unique text instructs readers how to:
- Identify impairments through the client examination
- Select appropriate massage techniques for treating impairments and achieving functional outcomes
- Plan interventions that integrate massage techniques with other treatment techniques Apply massage using the correct manual techniques
- Plan for the discharge of the client
- Demonstrate how to use techniques in practice with superb photographic illustrations, boxes, charts, figures and clinical examples
- Presenting practice sequences that lead readers through the application of each technique
- Providing 23 categories of impairment-level outcomes of care for orthopedic, neurological, cardiopulmonary, psycho-neurimmunologic and central nervous system conditions, that can be achieved using massage techniques Incorporating current models of disablement, critical thinking methods and evaluation techniques into a single problem-solving approach that is consistent with the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapists practice
- Discussing the interpersonal aspects of massage in clinical care
Therapist Recommends: Recommended resource for the assessment and treatment planning by the NHPC for the CEE.